You might have seen the movie ‘The Hunger Games’. If no then you definitely should. If yes, then you would remember these words “This is the time to show them everything! Make sure they remember you!”! When Katnis Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) asked her coach Haymitch Abernathy (Woody Harrelson) for advice on how to get the attention of sponsors who can help her survive during the battle for life!
Most often I see job candidates in Katnis’s shoes. It is a talent war out there! Between recruiters trying to find a right candiate for their Organization and position and job candidates trying to get the job that they have been waiting for!
I must tell you the pressure is on both sides. As much as you want that job, the recruiter/interviewer sitting opposite to you would be eagerly wanting to know if you are the right fit for the position.
When getting an interview call itself can be so hard in this tough competition, you don’t want to take a chance by appearing for the job interview without enough preparation. You will get an opportunity only once and you need to crush it in that first attempt itself. And if you f*$%ed up in that, recruiters might not be calling you when a second opportunity arises. That first impression really matters and you have to make sure that they remember you!
So do your best to make a right impression to the recruiters and it is your challenge to convince the recruiter that he is making the right decision by selecting you over other suitable candidates. Be it
- Dressing up for the job you want by appearing in a professional attire that helps you give a first impression.
- Showing an energetic and enthusiastic approach with a smile on your face that makes both the parties comfortable.
- Convincing them you know your stuff by articulating how your skills, knowledge and experience can relate to the job profile and how you can add value to the business as a whole.
- Showing them you are highly interested in working with their organization by asking some questions about the company culture, work environment and about the Job profile.
- Most importantly be yourself, explain them how you see yourself continuing in that company? How your personality can be a right fit for the job profile and for the company culture.
- Now even if you have not got through the interview, send them a thank you letter and keep the connection going so he might even get back to you when he has any new openings!
So how do you make your recruiters remember you!